1) Test yourself watching these videos:
2) Review the theory about “to be used to” and “to get used to” here and here.
3) Practice makes perfect!
4) Use the sentences from the above exercises to practice with your language exchange. If you don't have a language exchange (or a teacher) you are wasting your time, you'll never learn to speak English.
5) Let's learn some vocabulary. Extract all the words you don't know from this text. Look them up in an English-English dictionary like this one.
6) Listen and read this story. You should learn all the vocabulary and practice pronunciation. And, for the most daring, read this article from The Economist.
7) Finally, write a story of about 200/250 words using “used to”, “to be used to” and “to get used to”. You can use examples from the videos and exercises above.
If you have done all the exercises, then you've scored a 10! Congratulations! Imprimir