Sure you already know how to use “enough” and “too”. Just in case, we are going to do a very quick review on these two words before moving on to the usual translation and vocabulary exercises.
1) Let’s start by watching this interesting video with which we will learn about some conversational uses of “enough” and “too”.
2) Now, let’s read some theory here and here.
3) Translate the following sentences into English.
1- Me dieron la baja porque el especialista me aconsejó que no continuara trabajando. Tenía razón. No puedo con tanto.
2 - ¿Son estas razones lo suficientemente buenas para mi como para quedarme e invertir mi tiempo y mi dinero en semejante tontería?
3 – En definitiva, no se trata de un mercado que yo consideraría lo suficientemente importante en términos de creación de negocio para nuestra empresa.
4 – Ojalá fuese lo suficientemente mayor como para haber visto jugar a Pelé.
5 – Los estudiantes están demasiado ocupados como para comer bien, hacer ejercicio o dormir lo suficiente. Para colmo, las universidades están atestadas de infinidad de gérmenes.
4) Are you ready to put your listening skills to the test? Listen to these conversations and answer the questions:
A free Cell Phone
5) Now, it's your duty to practice with your language exchange. Use sentences like those you have just learned. Remember: Make sentences and repeat them aloud.
6) Time to learn some vocabulary:
Verb Usage 1
Business English Vocabulary Quiz - Corporate Buzzwords
Business English Vocabulary Quiz - >Sales and Marketing Terms
7) Listen and read this story. You should learn all the vocabulary and practice pronunciation. And, for the most daring, read this article from The Economist.
8) Finally, write a story of about 200/250 words using the vocabulary you have learnt in this unit. You can use examples from the sentences above.
If you have done all the exercises, then you've scored a 10! Congratulations!
Key to exercise 3:
1 - I was put on sick leave because I was advised by a consultant doctor not to continue working. He was right. It’s too much for me to cope with.
2 - Are these reasons good enough for me to stay and invest my time and money in such nonsense?
3 – In short, it’s not a market I would consider important enough in terms of generating business for our company.
4 – I wish I were old enough to have seen Pele play.
5 - Students are too busy to eat right, exercise, or get enough sleep. On top of that, universities are jam packed with germs galore.
Previous unit Imprimir